Tuesday, March 29, 2011

SOUL RESTORATION

Wow...last post dated April 06, 2008! WOW! Almost 3 years to the day.So much has happened in that time...SO MUCH!But, this post is NOT about filling in those gaps, not today! This post is about why I am back!
A few weeks ago I posted something on my Facebook (FB) page that I continue to read on a weekly basis to remind myself of the journey I have travelled, the journey that still lies ahead of me and knowing, feeling & BELIEVING that I will make it through...to the very end!
I am happy to see the backside of 2010...really...truly! Good Riddance! No joy, no direction, no contentment, no calm, no happiness. Only pain, suffering, loss, despair, sadness & turmoil. But, there was {LOVE}! And, because of that, I will take on 2011 with all that is left of me. I WILL give my BEST and I will TRY my hardest and I will 'DO IT ANYWAY!' I will CHOOSE! I will RESTORE. I will go where the PEACE is. And, I will be BRAVE!

BRAVE: 1. Strong in the face of fear; courageous 2. To encounter with courage and fortitude, to defy 3.To overcome one's initial fear(s).
Back in October of 2010 I somehow fell upon Brave Girls Club. I signed up for the site’s Daily Truths. Little bits of encouragement, motivation, self empowerment & downright feel good about yourself & believe in yourself emails sent to you daily. Every single one of those emails, every single day, spoke to me...really spoke to ME! Soon after signing up for these emails, I also joined their FB page. I started seeing posts about Soul Restoration 6 week on-line course. I had to learn more about this.
These were the first words I read before I burst into tears and knew how broken I was and how much I needed to take part in this.
Imagine yourself as a house…a beautiful perfect house…starting out with fresh paint, beautiful windows, lovely carpets…filled with all of your favorite things and favorite music and everything that brings you comfort. This is the house where your soul lives. Things sometimes happen in life, sometimes quickly and sometimes over time, that kick our doors in, break our windows and destroys our walls. We stop making boundaries for ourselves and find that others are actually living in our soul house, leaving us nowhere to sleep, no food…moving our stuff around to their liking and putting up their own art.Some of us aren’t even living in our own soul houses anymore…feeling totally disconnected from our truest selves and beyond repair.
And so, on 01-11-11 at 11:00 am, I sat down in front of my computer and watched the very first video for this course. I met Melody Ross for the very first time. I listened to her speak and was quite literally mesmerized by the sound of her voice…the emotion she evoked and the profound truths in the words she spoke.  And, then I cried…and cried…and cried.
Then I watched more videos and cried some more. Frankly, I cried all day and much of the night. I was so overwhelmed with emotion with what she was telling me…so REAL…so RAW…so INTENSE…so ME!I spent the better part of the next day or two just absorbing all the information and tried to figure out how Melody knew so much about me. How could she possibly know how difficult life has been for me, how challenging my every day had become…how weak, fragile and broken I was…how?
I was so inspired with how the lessons were captured & enforced in our art assignments and journaling. The lessons meant so much more once they were expressed on paper. So therapeutic & reaffirming…at least for me.I found myself eagerly waiting each Tuesday morning when a new lesson would begin. I knew after week #1 that the lessons would be very difficult emotionally, but, yet I so anxiously looked forward to each of them…except the last one. The last lesson meant the course would be finished…and, I wanted it to go on and on. I was RESTORING...I could sense it, feel it...LIVE it!
I was blown away by the whole thing…really! I learnt so many wonderful things about myself, my life, the people in my life, and the choices I have! I re-visited my past and the darkness that dwells there. I have looked into my future with new sight and much hope. I have realized truths out of lies. I have learned how to gaze upon the moon with a certain gleam in my eyes. I have learnt how to co-exist with my multiple personalities! I know! Crazy, huh! I even learnt some new math techniques…at my age…who knew? And, when things got tough and I found myself stuck…I did it anyway!  And, if I still found myself stuck, I sought out all of my Brave Sisters and they helped me get back on track!
I have met the most wonderful, brave, beautiful, openhearted woman you could possibly imagine through this course. We converse, encourage, support and care for each other every day. We continue our journey together, apart and as individuals…but, we CONTINUE on our new journeys no matter what. I have never felt such acceptance, such warmth, such support, such belonging. One day I hope we will all meet face to face!
I look forward to my future with much optimism and mostly look forward to Soul Restoration 2 in June 2011!!!I encourage everyone who has read this post to visit Brave Girls Club and read about Soul Restoration. Session #1 is being offered again beginning April 5, 2011.  While you are there why not sign up for the Daily Truths…you will not be disappointed!
And, one final thing…if you are on Facebook please visit The Brave Girls Club page and look for my posting of this actual blog post! Melody and Kathy are running a contest for us Grads of SR1…Here’s how it works –
Soul Restoration 1 Graduates have written blog entries about their experiences in Soul Restoration.  Starting this morning, they will post links to their Soul Restoration blog posts on the Official Brave Girls Club Fan Page on Facebook.  Once they’ve posted, they will need YOU to read their entries, and vote on the ones you like the best by clicking “like” on the link they put on Facebook. (Looks like you’ll have to become a “fan” before you can vote….so if the link to “like” doesn’t show up, that might be why.)  The person with the most “likes” on Wednesday at 5pm (Mountain Time) will be our WINNER!  She will win tuition to Soul Restoration 2 for her and a friend as well as an awesome prize package with Brave Girl Aprons and Sweatshirts and art supplies straight from our sweeeet new clubhouse!
So, if by chance I win…which one of you lovelies will be joining me? So, don't forget to click the 'like' button under my posting on Brave Girls Club FB page!Thank you so much for taking the time to read this posting. For those of you, who are close to me, please be patient with me a wee bit longer as I continue to restore. I promise I will be back here and get you all caught up to speed with all the happenings of my life.

I {LUV} you all much!
Heather

PS, Melody & Kathy...thank you for changing the world one Brave Girl at a time!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love, am inspired, and blown away with your blog. and about long time you wrote again. I am taking the SR1 in a week and I just know from the friendships already formed I am in for one heck of a ride and a journey that will change my life forever. thankyou for posting your site

Unknown said...

Hello my Brave Friend!

I want to post today on my Blog, however, you have put the sentiments and passion in your Blog so well about Brave Girls and Soul Restoration, I just feel it would be like copying and doing an injustice!. I want YOU to win this...you sooo deserve it : )

I love you my sweet friend and you are very much in my thoughts and in my heart!

{{{{{SQUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEZE}}}
Sue

City Girl Turns Country said...

Thanks for your beautiful owrds.... I will be starting my journey on April 5th... many times over the last month since I signed up, I have thought why did I just throw away $99... but after reading so many wonderful blogs these last few days, I know that I did it because I need to learn to be brave ... I hope I too find so many Brave Soul sisters are you all have.

Kelli said...

Wow! You rock!

Donna said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Hugs to you. I'm so glad you posted. Keep it up BG!

Whispers and Wishes said...

Great Post Heather... and you hit the nail on the head with the questions "How did she know so much about me?" the thing is, that deep down, we're all a lot alike... and the things that break us, break us all, but the things that lift us up, lift us up as one great big family. Love to you...

Heather said...

Awww...you are making me cry! I love you all so much.
My BG Sisters...I could not have travelled the distance without you! SUE...you better post!!!
City Girl...hold onto your hat girlfriend...you are in for the ride of your life!At the end you are going to be asking...they could have charged $1000...it was worth so much more! Please stay in touch through your journey.
Kelli...you have always stood by me...even when we were apart...I cherish you!
Kaere...such a beutiful sentiment...another one for a Truth Card!

scrapwordsmom said...

I love this! I love that you have restored your house!! I restored mine, too and continue to work on it daily. I am taking part2...it is gonna be amazing.

I truly love how you described this class...perfect:)

Jane said...

Wonderful post! I'm not ready to put into words about this class. I just can't do it, so I haven't entered this contest, but you've said everything I feel :)

Good luck
xxx